Kickstart is a youth (18-35) entrepreneurship programme implemented in: South Africa, Botswana, Lesotho, Swaziland & Tanzania.
The programme is aimed at creating a culture of entrepreneurship among young people by promoting business awareness and material support through:
The programme funds youth owned businesses through
- Developing business skills through training
- Providing grants as start-up capital (new businesses )
- Grants to support expansion of existing businesses
- Providing post investment support (mentoring & coaching)
- The programme funds youth owned businesses through business training, seed capital, post investment support (mentoring and coaching). Entrepreneurs with the strongest business case win grant funding.
Business requirements are paid directly to suppliers by SABMiller. The programme is intended to empower the youth to create their own jobs.
Youth unemployment in Africa is an important stakeholder concern and provides an opportunity for engagement to build reputation
An entrepreneurship CSI strategy anchored on Kickstart has been approved by EXCOM for rollout given the proven Kickstart success in a number of SABMiller countries.